Monday, 5 November 2007

♫ Time, time, time ♪

My busy life makes time go by very fast, but when I look back at it it feels like days and days have gone by when it's only been one. I find myself thinking I haven't done that since Saturday, oh wait, that was yesterday. I've always been fascinated by how we perceive time and I read some mystical explanation somewhere that time is something we invented to keep stuff from happening at the same time. So obviously, when you do a lot off stuff, you get extra time to keep it all separate, which explains how so many days can pass for me between Saturday and Sunday.

I wonder what the long term effects are of superliving like this, will I grow old quicker and suffer dementia soon or will the extra time keep my brain going longer? Is it time that makes us work and when we stop needing time to separate things, due to not doing much, is that when it all clogs up and become useless?

Hopefully I can return with a report from the front of temporal disturbance and let you know how it's going, but if this is my last post, than I probably fell over into the twilight zone, or possibly a Star Trek episode.

PS. The title is a quote from a Simon&Garfunkel song (or at least Paul Simon wrote it) although I like the cover the Bangles made better. It's called A Hazy shade of Winter which might soon be even more true since mornings are getting colder every day (or in my case every few days).

No comments: