Obviously I'm too busy to maintain a blog, or possibly not a very avid teller of everyday anecdotes. Well, here's a little update.
Fall has truly come to Linköping and half the leaves have fallen. At my office we sit in an open area, five of us, and behind my back is a gigantic windowed wall displaying a great view of a parking lot, some landscaped areas and a golf court. So when I get fed up with work I can turn my chair around and look out the window. These past sunny, lovely autumn days have been a splendid feast for the eye, but now it's turned drab. The sky is overcast, the air is a little foggy and most of the foliage has fallen and what is left are muted earth tones. It looks cold and inhospitable. Only the lonely little 3-year old birch has any leaves left and tries to put a golden edge on the day.
We have too much to do and too few resources at my project so we've been ordered to overtime. It makes my belly hurt, cause the evenings and weekends, that's when I'm alive, and work, that's just the means to an end, the end of having enough money to do stuff when I've got free time. The thought of working 44 hours a week till Christmas makes me wanna cry, but of course I pretend I don't care when I'm at work, and sneak of to cry in the bathroom instead. Seems that's the way of women in the workplace.
Last week I could feel myself coming closer and closer to turning blue and exploding and I ranted about it with my friends and Jane, thanks Jane if you read this, made a few good pointers that put me back in perspective, so now I've taken an axe to my almanack and cancelled as much as possible that seemed to fall into the category of "not really what I like doing" or "someone else will do this even if I don't". It cleared up enough time to make me feel better about the whole thing again. :)
Apart from all this work related tension I've been sort of busy myself too, trying to fit some semblance of a life between work and the spex, not sure how well that turned out, but hopefully it'll be OK. I went to aikido this Friday and it was SO much fun! After an hour of chatting with the aikidokas and sitting in the sauna me and Mika went to Peter to play wii. Mathias came along too. The wii was fun, not as revolutionary as some of my friends have claimed, but still nice. I can see how the party games such as Wario: Smooth moves work great on this platform, both to play and to watch other play. Mika left early to sleep (he's got a new fixed idea) and after Mathias left too I played some Zelda with Peter. Not much fun though being in the middle of a game and not really knowing what's happened or where it's been going. But it's always nice to have gamer friends. I got home kind of late and woke up horrid early, with nightmares about work. *shiver*
On Saturday I had planned a short hike with a friend but he cancelled last minute and I was sort of bummed over that. However, I spent time with AC and Jane instead. And seeing how I got my period (which was 8 days late) I wasn't really in the hiking mood anyway, more in the sitting at home and eating chocolate mood. However, no chocolate for me, since I'm trying to give up the candy/sugar thing. I had dinner with Jane and Anders and little Alvar on Saturday night and it was great. We watched to Buffy episodes too, Something Blue and Hush, two of my favorites. Lots of fun.
Sunday I went on a lot of walks, first to visit Dekor at the yellow barn, where I got to eat lunch which was very good! I just love Dekor. They are always such nice people, somehow. There was a new girl, Frida, and she seemed really nice too. :) After that walk I went to see Mia and we took a walk too and then we sat in her living room, having tea and cake, and talking about life and work (more ranting from me) and priorities. Very good talk. Sometime in the middle of the day I realised I'd forgotten about Winter time and got to set my clocks back an hour, and it felt like I got a whole extra hour which I spent watching the last episode of Angel season 3, Tomorrow. It ended with such a cliff hanger that I now feel I really really have to get season 4 too, even though I don't particularly like it.
And then it was Monday morning... I tried to be at work at 7 am to get a ton of work done before my deadline catches up with me, but I couldn't get in. Usually key and code is enough, but this morning it also required a card, and I hadn't brought mine, since I never need it. So I spent an hour waiting outside the door till it suddenly clicked and changed to only needing code again, not at 6:55 like it should, but at 7:55. Someone must have double erred on the winter time.
Well. Now I'll return to work! Work, work, work - fun, fun, fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment