Another week has gone. I bought horrid expensive train tickets to Övik (the spell check suggest 'Viking') to spend Christmas with my folks. I also bought more cutlery and some Christmas gifts. December is expensive.
Jenny and P-ter came over for dinner and games this Saturday and the games turned out to be laying puzzles and chatting. It was really nice, I missed puzzles, I just didn't realize it. Sunday I was gonna work some overtime but when I got out I remembered my bike had a flat tire so I went back up and spent the whole day in the sofa watching House MD season two. It was great. I also didn't eat any chocolate all day although I couldn't stop thinking about it. I have a box in the pantry that I got for my actors for our final meeting before Christmas. All day the chocolate was on my mind and all day I had fruit instead. Perhaps I've finally grown some discipline.
It's still a typical Linköping winter, wind, rain, really dark, no snow what so ever and not very cold. When I get up and go to work in the morning it's dark. When I go home in the afternoon it's dark. At least up north the snow will help brighten the long nights, but damp grass and wet asphalt doesn't do the trick so Linköping is gloomy and a bit depressing right now. In two weeks Christmas will be over and the light will be returning. Now that's a cheery thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment