Wednesday, 22 August 2007

Beautiful nostalgia

Yesterday I got my latest order from SF book store in Stockholm! Whoho. Inside the box were three pocket books (part 2-4 of Katherine Kerr's story about Deverry) and a DVD box. And the box was the whole reason to order in the first place.

Brace yourself!

The beauty and the Beast with Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman!

Do you remember? I used to watch it with my best friend Emelie in my room. We would drink tea and eat hot sandwiches. We would obsess and talk about the show endlessly. We were both in love with Vincent, ahem, a bit embarrassing actually. We loved and lived this show! We made up our own stories and created our own roll playing games about it. It was just the best.

Of course, I'm likely to be very disappointed with it, cause it probably sucks, or worse. And possibly I'll feel even more silly about once loving it so much, but when I saw it in the catalogue I couldn't help it, I just had to have it. And I'm gonna make a pot of tea and some hot sandwiches, possibly call Emelie and tell her about it and ask if she wants to come watch (not very likely though, cause she lives in Örnsköldsvik which is far away from here).

It'll be great! Nostalgia is one of my favorites, I think.

No comments: